Sunday, March 4, 2012

My gains after i became vocal & conscious..

The feelings of a blind man who latter regained his sight cannot be explained with words. Stepping out of the dark is a typical example of such scenario. I have met quiet a number of old friends who ask why i am now politically conscious. Some others insist that I’m being paid or i am eyeing a political post. Those close to me know all these are not true. One of the biggest positives of being interested in governance is the level of information and awareness I have been exposed to. In my over two decade of existence, the last few months have been the most educative; religiously and politically and health wise, i have taken a bigger stride than i have ever taken.
During this short period, i now understand the benefits of information and re-education of oneself. I have also learnt the advantages of taking all information thrown at me and i have developed a keen sense of sieving through to purge out deficient and non-beneficial knowledge. Why must anyone just skip through a piece of news or information all because the heading contradicts what you believe in? We all should learn to go through such news with a mind to get factual information, test our resolve and also with an aim to set the facts right on deficient ones.
A group of people who i term 'educated illiterates' are much more around than the real illiterates. These are the people who claim to be too busy to read beneficial news, articles or information but are more interested in news about dumb artistes who have not impacted their lives positively.
There is no point regretting, but i would have been a far better person if i had met my present version of a person when i was a lot younger. I wish i could reach out to our present teenagers who are definitely off-the-path. Reading can be tedious without interest so its imperative people discover their interest. The urge to know more is what makes people genius. Nobody is born dumb; we all choose to be dumb, smart or brilliant. Let’s all get involved and interested in what affects us, governance, religion, health and others.
 We have our fathers who have been at the elms of affair for so long and yet they did not get it right. This is a time to get informed, learn from their mistakes and correct our orientation. Superstitious beliefs have created enmity within family, but advancement in medical research has shown that some beliefs are not true. On the religious part, there are certainly a lot of things we've been doing the wrong way. Reading and not waiting for opinions of religious heads has helped a lot. What is worth doing is worth doing well and discretion can never be superior to facts in religion.
I don’t expect the educated illiterates to read this article this far. For the few that get to read this, there is a lot we need to do to ginger the reading spirit in folks. The 140 characters on twitter or a post on facebook doesn’t say it all just like the title of a book doesn’t say all about a book.

3 comments:

  1. Brother,

    Your gains are noble. Perhaps, naively, and like the most of us, just taking your tweet at face-value, I was thinking you had landed a political appointment, which would've done well for your pockets but poorly for your mind, personality, self-assertiveness, and influence for the good of others.

    I'm happy, your gains are quite noble.

    I'm in a similar situation. I'm committed to a life of learning. If I lived 80, I committed 80 to learning and practicing. Everything, God not excluded, is subjected to honest research, which leaves my every conviction strong yet fluid.

    Your recommendations are just what the doctors ordered.

    I would love to bring your attention to some typos and grammatical blips in your blog; please do some closer proof-reading before posting. Grammar errors take away from the bit of seriousness a blogpost could have.

    All in all, I'm encouraged.

    Thanks,

    Kabolobari.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish u well in ur pursuit...Nouru

    ReplyDelete
  3. The motive behind what you do will gradually make or mar you. Reading and writing for me is not about pecuniary gains, it is about airing my views and giving myself the needed satisfaction. In writing, I am doing just that; in reading, I am gaining just that. You're fast endearing yourself to me via our interactions on twitter that I'd actually like to meet you and rub minds with u. Bless u bro.

    ReplyDelete